Tuesday, March 20

Blogger Follies from "The Lost Post"

With apologies to my loyal commenters, Blogger sometimes acts oddly. To preserve things, in a now mysteriously deleted post entitled "More than Hypothetical Delay," comments were received that said:

cafiend said...
I used to ride a route three miles longer, over a much higher summit, to avoid the highway on my ride home from work. The extra miles took longer than the same distance on terrain and pavement comparable to the highway. It was wonderfully peaceful but got me home too late for domestic harmony.
My two routes out of town even on the direct route are a big detour out a side road to avoid a section known for impatient motorists or a scoot out the rail trail with all its shortcomings, to reach the highway outside of town. All these delays have more to do with avoiding motorist friction than with a strong desire for more mileage or a particular enjoyment of the path.
On the UF campus in the mid 1970s, cars were forbidden. Masses of cyclists filled the streets between classes. Everyone just flowed. The only time I had a problem was when I created it by being a speedy jerk.

March 19, 2012 8:54 PM  RANTWICK said...
Great perspective. I think your plan to smile mysteriously rather than go on a rant along these lines is also a wise choice.

March 20, 2012 10:02 AM  Steve A said...
If traffic was war instead of cooperation, the vehicle of choice would be the one I posted about at:



http://dfwptp.blogspot.com/2009/11/veterans.html



I'd rather have the bigger gun if I were so inclined than to go on a rant. Must be the Texas influence. Instead, I just want to go - from point to point...

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Need for Non-Robot proof here!