Thursday, July 23

Doohickie's Partly Right

Doohickie wrote:
"I know very well that mentality of worrying about being "rude to the motorists" ... when you're out in the middle of their lane, they can't help but notice you.The latter seems obvious to me now... I think this is something that comes with experience."

Steve A, the "Blog God" (of this blog, at least), notes that experience is not sufficient - it's the combination of experience with a critical and continuing observation of cause and effect, and active investigation of the possibilities. There are many many people that ride many tens of thousands of miles without making the highlighted observation that Doohickie notes. I did.

I'd wager that Doohickie would confirm that his "experience" that led to the highlighted text represents a vanishingly small portion of his total cycling miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Need for Non-Robot proof here!