Thursday, October 1

Honker Data

This is the current level of inappropriate honking and other motorist harassment...


Honk No.


Date


Approx
Time



Cyclist
Lane Position



Bike
Lane/Path in vicinity



Cyclist
Lane Change or Turn?



Intersection?


Location


Details


1


9/25/2009


7:30AM


LC
(Roughly right edge of LH tire track)



No


No


No



NB Heritage Pkwy
1 Block N of
Westport Pky, Fort Worth


4 lane
road with median, avg speed about 40-45. Middle
aged female honker works at Daimler Bldg & drove small Japanese hybrid.
Light-moderate traffic. Stated she honked because I was in middle of lane
when I asked her why she found it necessary to honk at me back there (I
caught up to her when she pulled into the Daimler parking lot). When I noted
that the law said it was proper for me to be there, she indicated "we
have a difference of opinion." I stated "check the statutes."



2


9/30/2009


6:30AM


LC


Yes


No


No



WB McDonwell
School Road
1 Block E of Liberty
Elem, Colleyville



2 lane road with double yellow center line, speed
about 30-35. Unknown sex/age honker drove white Chevy Avalanche. Honk
occurred after occupant was unable to pass for about 3 seconds due to
oncoming traffic. Honk was relatively short and occurred as vehicle passed.
Other passing characteristics were fine. I'd characterize it as "I'm a
bit irritated you held me up" honk. No other traffic WB.