Friday, November 6

Saturday Objectives

In order of priority, cross race objectives PLAN (thanks, ChipSeal) includes:
  • Don't break anything, and ESPECIALLY don't discover cause to regret my tetanus shots aren't up to date
  • Don't puke, at least not on the racecourse
  • Don't get laughed off the racecourse - I'll try to do that shoulder thing and not just push the bike around stuff
  • Don't get silly and insist on riding all the way HOME unless it seems right - most every bike travels attached to a car at some point in its existence. At least we'll have ridden TO the race under our own power.
FRIDAY UPDATE - Gosh those cream-coloured knobby Vittoria tires look cute! I also remember why I took them off and replaced them with the Continentals for commuting. When I put the Vittorias on, my daughter noticed they had a "traction" direction and a "speed" direction. Since I figure I didn't have any of the latter anyway, I picked the "traction" direction. That seems consistent with the first element of the race plan, possibly at the expense of the second. I have the brakes set at the maximum amount of clearance they'll handle and still actually work AS brakes. V brakes and road levers is a touchy combination.

NEW MOTTO: "PLAN TO RACE, RACE TO PLAN!"

Night photo of Buddy, stripped down and ready to rumble
(well, except for the lights which I'll need to get to the train)

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Need for Non-Robot proof here!