Monday, August 2

Lazy Commute Days

Keller Bear Creek MUP
It's finally warming up enough here that I'm employing hot weather commuting techniques. The Multi-Use Path (MUP) in Keller represents a shortcut to and from work that I take most days when the pavement is dry. More importantly, in this weather, it is about five degrees cooler than the nearby roads, due to the combination of shade, the creek, and vegetation.

At bottom, the road bike rested close at hand, while I drank hot coffee. Its water bottle was loaded with triple filtered ice water for the final leg home. If it gets hotter, I'll stop at the Starbucks that is halfway home rther than the one that's 2/3 of the way home.
Road Bike Waits Close at Hand. Coffee Shops Aren't Crowded at 5:30PM on a Hot Weekday

4 comments:

Apertome said...

I can't imagine drinking hot coffee in the heat. I am always trying to get my body temperature down to a reasonable level.

I am a coffee addict too, but I switch to iced coffee when it's hot ...

Steve A said...

Apertome, if you can't imagine drinking hot coffee in the heat, it's a good thing you don't hang around when we come back from snow skiing. It is a family tradition to stop at Dairy Queen on the way home for some frozen treat.

Apertome said...

Oddly (?) I'm fine with ice cream in the winter. I'm no amateur when it comes to ice cream. I guess I have an easier time keeping warm than cooling off.

KD5NRH said...

The green tea lemonade is a pretty good cool-down in hot weather. I usually stop off for one if I'm early enough on my commute.

Post a Comment

No Need for Non-Robot proof here!