Sunday, July 24

Seemed Like a Good Idea

When the morning temperature is in the 80's, it takes a long time to cool down after I get to work. Even with a cool shower, I'm all sweaty again within ten minutes and it takes a good half hour to reach a cool equilibrium.

In a moment of brilliance, I thought - "...if I leave my tank top on while I shower, it'll help me cool down quicker!"

Some flashes of brilliance should be tested at home, first. While the top did make an admirable cooling supplement, it also dripped, getting stuff wet that I really didn't WANT to get wet. Besides, a sopping wet tank top is inconvenient when one reaches one's desk.

8 comments:

limom said...

Wear a frozen hat.
No really.

Jon said...

or...challenge your office to a wet t-shirt contest!

TrevorW�� said...

I think that limom's idea is well worth trying..

-Trevor

Pondero said...

This is why we love you so, Steve. You are on the cutting edge of commuting technique...always evolving the state of the art. Keep up the great research.

John Romeo Alpha said...

Up next: dry ice wrist bands?

Steve A said...

Per Limon's suggestion, I wore my headsweat today while forgetting to wear my helmet. Water poured over the headsweat was pretty nice. I suspect actually freeIng stuff would be too much. The humidity here is low, so there's a lot of benefit from evaporative cooling. We tied an all-time record for highest low today at 85F. It took a while to cool down...

GreenComotion said...

I take a cold(er) shower at work.
Nothing else cools me down in this heat!

Peace :)

RANTWICK said...

I have the luxury of closing my office door and working my first hour in bike stuff while I cool off, changing to work clothes later on. No shower though, so I may stink although I don't think so...

[idoeysi] phoenetic scramble of idiocy?

Post a Comment

No Need for Non-Robot proof here!