Sunday, September 21

Too Much Junk


Kermit Crowds the Light Bracket
Frankenbike has never been about simple elegance. Instead, it is a conglomeration of various parts from around the world that mostly work pretty well. Still, I think I’ve passed the point where things start to simply represent too much junk. This happened when I added a cup holder to the fork that holds the gear shifter so I can carry two cups home from the local espresso stand. To avoid whacking my knee, I moved the fork forward and now I can’t toss the cable lock onto it. I also notice that only my smallest headlight can clip onto the handlebar bracket without interfering with Kermit.
 
Perhaps Kermit needs to retire.

Handlebar Tape is Getting a Bit Ratty as Well

6 comments:

RANTWICK said...

Kermit retire? NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo!

cafiend said...

You just need to clamp on another appendage to support a bank of lights below and in front of the handlebar.

Justine Valinotti said...

Kermit would fit quite nicely on a Nitto front rack. ;-)

GreenComotion said...

I 'disapprove'. Kermit should stay.
Peace :)

GreenComotion said...

How about a Nitto handlebar mount widget? I think I may have one.

Steve A said...

Well, the ladies at the espresso stand have gotten fond of Kermit.

Post a Comment

No Need for Non-Robot proof here!