Saturday, May 19

We No Need No Steenkin Trailers

Each month, the Ocean Shores IGA has a "Price Smashers" Saturday. This month, milk and eggs and various other things were on sale for "can't pass up" prices. Eggs were 99 cents per dozen and milk was $1.99 per gallon. As per usual, I went there on my bike (actually, I went there on my wife's bike). I discovered that my combined Arkel pannier and Burton backpack would carry 2 gallons of milk, 4 dozen eggs, and a wide variety of other things,with some room left over. I didn't even use two of the bags I brought and I didn't even bother attaching the Arkel handlebar bag to the bike.

OTOH, it's still early in the day...

2 comments:

cafiend said...

Size matters more than weight when it comes to bag stuffing. The BOB trailer has come in handy a few times, but often the panniers and rack pack will suffice. The BOB does make the rig a more unwieldy-looking target for potential thieves...

Steve A said...

Isn't the BOB trailer pretty easy to remove from the bike while you are in the store? My own trailer really doesn't have any way to lock it securely to the bike other than a strategically utilized U lock. God Bless U Locks!

Post a Comment

No Need for Non-Robot proof here!