Tuesday, June 11

S. W. B.

For many, "SWB" is an acronym for "Stopped While Black." For my loyal reader, it also may mean "Stopped While Bicycling." Heaven help those for whom BOTH acronyms might apply.

Recently, I was pulled over while riding to a nearby espresso stand in Ocean Shores. I wasn't doing anything wrong; simply riding. Fortunately for me, I have not become a target of the local police or things might have gotten ugly. As it turned out, the police were looking for a stolen bicycle and I was riding a bicycle and was consequently a "person of interest." After a bit of friendly discussion with the officer, it turned out he was looking for a pink Schwinn. I was riding a purple Trek; shown below, when pulled over. One wonders if the officer was color blind, or merely grasping for an excuse. At least he didn't feel a need to cite me for some imaginary offence. I did promise to let them know if I saw a pink Schwinn. Somehow, I doubt that bike will ever be returned to its owner, but I've been known to be wrong before...

Is this a pink Schwinn?

2 comments:

TrevorW�� said...

You are obviously a person of interest whatever colour bike you are riding Steve... Did you ever see a pink schwinn..?

Steve A said...

Never saw a pink Schwinn. If I see the police officer in the near future, I'll make sure to inform him (in a nice way)I haven't seen one yet.

Post a Comment

No Need for Non-Robot proof here!