Saturday, July 17

Avoiding the Zombie Blog Situation

Despite not having posted here since March, things are cooking beneath the surface. I actually purchased a domain name. I'm also studying Wordpress. Stay tuned for further news, as I've not decided whether to and what to move to the new domain. I purchased 3 years of hosting and can have unlimited websites. I suspect I'm going to use subdomains rather than registering separate domains.

This is not my first foray into building a website. 20 years ago I wrote the website for the Seattle Jaguar Club. Thanks to "internet archive's" "Wayback Machine," a sample of it back in the day can be visited here.

2 comments:

cafiend said...

So much for the timelessness of digital record keeping.

Steve A said...

It is actually worse than you have observed. I kept all the original club html pages. Unfortunately, I am now unable to connect the Jaz Drive I kept the stuff on to any of my computers since none of them can read scsi via pci. Luckily, some of the pages were also stored on hard drives which I was able to recover the information from before the computer I did that on died. I'm not sure whether people are better off in the Macintosh or the PC World in that regard.

Post a Comment

No Need for Non-Robot proof here!