|The Off-Side Chainstay Acquired Some Scratches When I Fell|
And so it went. I picked today to ride for the following reasons:
- No Doctor appointment today!
- No rain today!
|The New, "Improved" FM1709, Sporting its Freshly Poured Median|
While at it, I had a chance to rate "bike riding pain" with other versions. From 1 to 10, with 10 being the worst of the lot (about a 3 or 4 on an absolute scale so we’re not really talking serious pain even for a perfect “10”), here’s how shoulder pain when cycling to work stacked up against other pain producing activities:
- Cycling – 1
- Stuck in MRI machine while they scan my shoulder – 2
- Making a left turn signal while cycling – 3
- Cycling when encountering an unexpected pot hole or rough pavement – 4
- Showering after riding to work – 5
- Driving – 3 (5 if steering, using left arm to make a turn)
- Working at the desk – 5
- Sleeping (by early morning) – 6
|MRI is More Painful than Cycling|