Wednesday, July 8

Quiz #2 in the Spirit of the Tour

My candidate for greatest road race cyclist. No prizes other than satisfaction on this one and I imagine many have their own candidates. His bona fides follow:
  • Finished on the podium in seven Tours de France - every one he ever finished
  • Only cyclist ever to have won all three Grand Tour events more than once
  • Over 200 victories in 12 years
  • Still active in the cycle racing world
  • Born two months and two days after me
I guess that last rules out Eddy & Lance. Still haven't figured it out? More hints
  • Ranked 2nd all-time by Daniel Marszalek - only Eddy ranks higher (Lance is #15 which seems a tad low in my book)
  • Last Frenchman to win the Tour de France
  • Team mate with Greg LeMond for his last TdF win, and for Greg's first
  • Asked if he feared Eddy "Cannibal" Merckx, he replied "He has a head, two arms, two legs, just as I"
  • And, for ChipSeal's benefit, a quote - "As long as I breathe, I attack."
Give up? Answer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Need for Non-Robot proof here!