Wednesday, October 21

Rain Day in North Texas


The best of my three choices to cross Bear Creek didn't flood today. It's been raining again around here. All day. It started around 5AM and just got heavier as the day progressed. Texas rain isn't like the wimpy stuff they call rain in Seattle. I don't often ride to work in Texas rain. I don't like lightning. I don't like fording streams. I don't like wet feet. My shoes take two days to dry out. I'm getting crabby. Maybe it'll stop tonight. We'll see. If this keeps going on, I may start babbling about - BIKE CULTURE.

It's an addendum to "THE LAND ROVER RULE." On days like this, the Land Rover Rules...

6 comments:

Doohickie said...

I don't ride in lightning either, Steve, but riding in the warm rain is a blast. I thought it might ease up for the ride home but it only got worse... and worse! The only thing I didn't much like is when the sweat washed out of my helmet padding and started running into my eyes.

I do need to get some better rain gear though. I was soaked to the skin when I got to work. I hung up my Canari jacket and my long-sleeve t-shirt. At the end of the day, the Canari was dry but the shirt was still soaked through, so I rode home in my work shirt. By the time I got home, I was soaked to the skin again.

If it had been a little cooler, I would have been chilled to the bone.

GreenComotion said...

I don't like thunderstorms. I am scared of them and I prefer not riding during a thunderstorm.

Seattle rain is like sprinkler spray compared to the torrential downpours of the midwest and tx!

nice post as usual!

peace :)

RANTWICK said...

Storms bother me too. You'll never catch me out in one.

Steve A said...

Rantwick, did you never see "Pinnochio?"

Keri said...

My solution to wet shoes...

warm rain: cycling sandals

cold rain: cycling sandals with seal socks

... yeah, we don't get wimpy rain here either, it's dry or a frog-strangler, nothing in between.

Big Oak said...

We just had three days of sun, but now are looking at 5 days of rain. Hopefully the lighter Seattle kind, although we had a couple gully washers this summer.

Watch out for lightning!

Post a Comment

No Need for Non-Robot proof here!